To all Forward employees,
I want to remind everyone of practices the CDC recommends during the COVID-19 pandemic. While these practices are detailed on communications at your location, their importance cannot be overstated.
- If you are feeling ill, contact your immediate supervisor BEFORE reporting to work. Symptoms to be especially aware of include cough, shortness of breath, and a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher. The same holds true for employees who begin feeling ill WHILE working. In those cases, please report your symptoms to your supervisor immediately.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Key times to wash your hands include:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before and after eating
- After using the restroom
- After blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Before and after breaks
- After putting on, touching, or removing cloth face coverings
- After touching money or objects that have been handled by customers
- Before putting on and taking off disposable glove
- Before, after, and periodically throughout your shift
- Limit close contact with others and maintain a distance of at least six feet, where possible
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- While not required, the CDC does recommend you inform your supervisor if someone in your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- COVID-19 testing is now more widely available for individuals with essential jobs who must leave their homes. Visit Michigan.gov/CoronavirusTest for more information and locations, but be sure to call your healthcare provider before going to a test site.
- A summary of this information is now available in a training on WorkJam. Please access and take the training by next Tuesday, May 12.
Stay safe and stay healthy.
President, Forward Corp.