To all Forward employees,
In all corners of the world, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is at the top of everyone’s mind. With the recent positive cases in Michigan and the subsequent cancelling of events and closures of schools, its impact has hit home.
Complicating matters is that the situation is fluid. What we know today may not be true tomorrow, and forthcoming Federal and State policies will no doubt further impact the situation. Still, I want to provide an update on what Forward is doing to ensure our employees, customers, and vendors are healthy and safe.
- School closures will burden many of our employees. Child care could become challenging and you may need to miss work, come in late, or leave early. Our managers and supervisors will be understanding of your needs and will remain flexible to assist. Most importantly, should you feel unwell or show symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath you should not report to work. If you have any questions about the PTO available to you, I encourage you to contact HR.
- We continue to monitor the evolving government recommendations and policies regarding part-time PTO. At this time, any employee who has been exposed to the virus, come into contact with an infected person, or who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus will have their situation reviewed on an individual basis by HR. Updates will be provided as testing becomes more available and government recommendations change.
- Effective immediately, non-essential meetings and travel are cancelled. This includes conferences, tradeshows, sales appointments, and trainings. Members of the T.R. McTaggart sales team may serve customers via in-person meetings, but are encouraged to use phone and email when possible. Any visit from area and district managers will focus on assisting you with food safety, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- All units, properties, and offices will undertake social distancing measures including limiting in-person meetings, eating in a group, or sharing car travel. It is advised that employees do not bring food in from home to share.
- In conjunction with guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO), and local health departments, each division will receive updated measures to enhance your unit’s hand washing, cleaning, safety, and sanitation procedures. Stay tuned for more details.
Each of you is a valued member of the Forward family and – like you – I have many questions and concerns. On an enterprise level we will address this Coronavirus pandemic with great care and seriousness. But I also urge each of you to take this matter serious on a personal level. Visit CDC.gov for updated recommendations and best practices for travel, prevention, and care of your loved ones.
We all have a social responsibility to do what we can to mitigate the challenges we are facing. I have the utmost confidence that together we will get through whatever challenges come next.
President, Forward Corp.